Our doctors combine gentle specific chiropractic mobilization, ultrasound and soft tissue manipulation to help restore proper alignment and relax surrounding muscles to relieve swelling and pressure on nerves, soothing aches and pains.
The most common therapeutic procedures performed by our chiropractors is spinal mobilization (chiropractic adjustment). The purpose of the chiropractic adjustment is to restore joint mobility by manually applying a controlled force into joints that have become restricted in their movement as a result of a tissue injury. By encouraging movement and restoring proper alignment, muscles have the ability to relax and nerves are relieved of excess swelling and pressure that causes pain. We use a low velocity sustained chiropractic adjustment that allows the body time to adapt to a new position and movement pattern. This gentle and slow approach makes our treatments ideal for acute severe pain and chronic pain conditions that are years or decades in the making.
Ultrasound is also commonly used in our clinic. Ultrasound uses high frequency sound waves (1-3 million/second) that penetrate 1 to 2 inches deep into the tissues with the objective of providing deep heating to improve blood flow, relax muscles and accelerate healing. This is done using a hand held transducer and a gel that allows the sound waves to penetrate through the skin and into the deeper tissues.
Soft tissue manipulation is an integral part of the therapy, with the goal of stretching and massaging; painful, swollen or injured soft tissue, such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joint capsules. The effect is to stretch the muscles, increase strength and improve flexibility, which allows for maintaining proper joint movement and relieves pressure on the nerves so that pain relief is sustained.
- We provide instruction in exercise tailored to you particular condition and treatment.
- We provide expert guidance in the selection of the correct bed to ensure a full and restful sleep.
- We provide expert advice on the selection of the best pillow and instruction on how to use that pillow to support the neck.
- We provide on-site expert analysis of x-rays, CAT scans and MRI imaging by a trained radiologist.
- We provide full body massage performed by fingers which listen to the needs of your body rather than imposing an external form learned by rote.
- We provide a full service health care that realizes that your health comes from inside your body, not from inside a bottle.
- We provide full body care not limited to the spine: feel bent over, feet are swollen and going numb, osteoarthritis of the knees or hips, we can relax the muscles and stop the progression of pain.